August 22, 2017
After sticking to a healthy diet, detoxing our bodies, getting rid of parasites and other pathogens, and spending a lot of money, we still have problems, frustrated, we ask, What in the world is wrong?
Autoimmune disease is where the body’s own immune system attacks healthy cells. There are more than 80 types of autoimmune diseases, and some have similar symptoms. In conventional medicine, it is thought that once you have an autoimmune condition, there is no cure and you can only manage the symptoms, which can include using hard medication that suppress the immune system. These may reduce some of the symptoms of the disease, but there are many side effects.
Here are some common autoimmune diseases and their effects:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: A chronic inflammatory disorder affecting joints, including those in the hands and feet.
- Lupus: Inflammatory disease caused when the immune system attacks its own tissues.
- Celiac Disease: An immune reaction to eating gluten.
- Sjogren’s Syndrome: An immune system disorder characterized by dry eyes and dry mouth.
- Polymyalgia Rheumatic: An inflammatory disorder causing muscle pain and stiffness around the shoulders and hips.
- Multiple Sclerosis: A disease in which the immune system eats away at the protective covering of the nerves.
- Hashimoto’s Disease: The body’s own immune system attacks the thyroid, leading to inflammation.
- Vasculitis: An inflammation of the blood vessels that causes changes in the blood vessel walls.
Identifying Autoimmune Conditions
A couple of tests that can be done to identify autoimmune conditions are:
- Antinuclear antibody (ANA) test
- Blood Test: Immunoglobulin A (IgA)
Through muscle-testing, I have been able to identify autoimmune disorder as well. This is a simple, economical, and effective way in which to find out if a person has an autoimmune condition.
Help for Autoimmune Disorders
We must remember that medically there is NO cure. Autoimmune disorders are hard to deal with as it is one’s own immune system that is attacking the body. To correct this, the whole body has to be addressed and balanced.
I have looked for alternative practices or methods that claim to eliminate auto-immune disfunction, but have only found those who state that they can help the symptoms. On line, there are also nine steps to help reverse autoimmune conditions. These are all good, but more needs to be done.
Through muscle-testing, I can help identify autoimmune disorders, and find what will help it. If you or your child has a chronic health problem or continually gets sick, call to set your appointment to see if there is an autoimmune condition at the root.
We’re here to help YOU!
Amy Willis, MH
Your Local Herbalist