Just like seeds of a plant, a child’s health is critical to their success long-term.
As we’ve been considering children’s health this month, we must address their nutritional needs. Since they are growing, children need more nutrition than adults, and what they take now will greatly impact their health as they get older. It is nearly impossible for children to get all the nutrition they desperately need without supplementing.
It can be a hassle trying to find what is the best for your children and your pocketbook, so here are some tips:
1. Whole food nutrition is best. The body absorbs and utilizes plant sources most efficiently.
2. Make sure your child gets adequate calcium. Some signs of needing calcium are nosebleeds, easy bruising, cavities, painful teething as a baby, and muscle cramps.
3. Heathy fats/oils are necessary for healthy brain development.
4. Make sure the sources of your food and supplements are good.
5. Stay away from artificial colors, flavor, and sweeteners.
6. Get something that is high in antioxidants.
Our Family’s Choice
One thing our family uses regularly to assure proper nutrition is Juice Plus+. Let me tell you why:
Juice Plus+ is concentrated nutrition in a capsule. Vegetables and fruits are vine-ripened, picked, then juiced right at the farm. The juice is then low heat dehydrated into powdered and encapsulated.
Children Eat for FREE!
I would encourage anyone and everyone to take Juice Plus+ because of its benefits, but there’s also another reason why this company and product is so amazing. Children actually eat for FREE! By participating in a Child’s Health Study, every adult that gets Juice Plus+ may sponsor one child, and that child will get Juice Plus+ for free. Juice Plus is affordable, economical, and time-saving.
Other Tips and Tricks
Finding healthy foods or supplements that children actually like can be difficult. There are creative ways to get them their necessary nutrients. Here are a few ideas in addition to taking Juice Plus:
1. Put 1 dropper of Kid’s Immune Booster in their water or milk daily. This keeps the immune system strong, and can be especially helpful at the start of back-to-school season.
Ingredients: Echinacea, Red Clover Tops, Elderberry, Yarrow Leaf, Cherry Bark, Rosehips, Catnip, Licorice, Ginger, and Glycerin.
2. Give them Vitamin C Tea. This great tasting tea is a combination of herbs that are high in vitamin C that can be enjoyed cold or hot.
Ingredients: Hibiscus flowers, rose hips, lemon grass, orange peel, stevia, and ginger.
3. Add Kid-e-Calc or Calcium Powder to their daily routine. This combination is helpful for cramps (“Charlie horses”) and building healthy bones, teeth, hair, skin, and nails, as well as nerve sheath and vein and artery walls.
Kid-e-Calc Ingredients: Horsetail Grass, Nettle Leaf, Oat Straw, Valerian Root, and Apple Cider Vinegar.
Calcium Powder Ingredients: Horsetail Plant, Lobelia Plant, Nettle Leaf, Oatstraw Plant
4. Mix Vacuum Cleanse in applesauce. Take 1 tsp of Vacuum Cleanse and mix with applesauce once a day for one week out of the month. This is a gentle detox of chemicals and toxins they are exposed to both at school and in their everyday environment.
Ingredients: Activated Willow Charcoal, Apple Fiber Pectin, Bentonite Clay, Flax Seed, Marshmallow Root, Peppermint Leaf, Psyllium Seed and Husks, and Slippery Elm Bark.
5. Schedule a Botanical Medicine Consultation. This helps identify your child’s specific needs and uncover the root causes of any symptoms or ailments your child is experiencing. This also helps identify what products or services your child may benefit from.
Remember this is the LAST WEEK to get 50% off a Child Botanical Medicine Consultation at Herbs4You! Call us to schedule your appointment.
We’re here to help YOU!
Amy Willis MH, CTN
About the Author
Amy Willis M.H., CTN